Advised Amadeus IT Group S.A. on the sale of its hotel property management systems (PMS) and restaurant point of sales (POS) software division to SoftBrands
Strata advised Amadeus IT Group S.A. (CATS:AMS) on the sale of its hotel property management systems (PMS) and restaurant point of sales (POS) software division to SoftBrands, an affiliate of Infor Global Solutions.
- Amadeus IT Group S.A. (“Amadeus”) sold its hotel property management systems (PMS) and restaurant point of sales (POS) division (“Amadeus PMS Division”) to SoftBrands, an affiliate of Infor Global Solutions, one of the leading providers of business software for mid-market companies
- Amadeus PMS Division is one of the largest vendors of hotel PMS and restaurant POS software in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and South America, with more than 4,200 hotel and restaurant clients. The transaction involved the sale of Amadeus’ principle PMS-focused subsidiary, Amadeus Hospitality S.A.S. (based in Evry, France and formerly known as “Optims”), together with subsidiaries in Austria, Finland, Germany, Singapore and Spain and certain other PMS and POS related activities in Europe, Australia, Brazil, India and Thailand
- Strata Partners acted as exclusive financial adviser to Amadeus (market value of approximately €6 billion) on the disposal of Amadeus PMS Division
- No transaction value was disclosed
- Amadeus is a leading transaction processor for the global travel and tourism industry, providing transaction processing power and technology solutions to both travel providers (including full service carriers and low-cost airlines, hotels, rail operators, cruise and ferry operators, car rental companies and tour operators) and travel agencies (both online and offline)
- Amadeus is headquartered in Madrid, Spain and reported revenues of €2,461 million in 2009