STRATA ADVISES ZEBRA TECHNOLOGIES CORP (NASDAQ: ZBRA) ON ITS STRATEGIC INVESTMENT INTO ZBD SOLUTIONS
Strata advised Zebra Technologies Corp (NASDAQ: ZBRA, market value of c. $2.4 billion) on its participation in a $25 million investment into ZBD Solutions, the UK based provider of electronic shelf labels (“ESL”) for the retail market.
The ZBD solution provides graphic displays, price and product information management software together with a two way wireless network. The solution can help retailers manage and synchronise multi-channel strategy, and drive promotional and merchandising tactics at point of purchase.
The investment follows a further injection in August 2013 from ZBD’s long term investors including Trillium International, DFJ Esprit, Lansdowne Partners and TTP Ventures.
Strata was exclusive financial adviser to Zebra on this transaction.
“We are committed to helping retailers navigate technology solutions that directly enhance the shopper experience and build customer loyalty,” said Anders Gustafsson, CEO of Zebra. “ESL is a technology of increasing interest for retailers, and we are excited about the possibilities in collaborating with ZBD to deliver compelling solutions to our customers.”
About ZBD Solutions
- ZBD is a leader in the design and supply of fully graphic dynamic display solutions for the retail, healthcare and office signage industries.
- The company has developed the next generation of LCD, creating high-contrast bi-stability that requires no battery power to retain its image.
- Its range of displays and high performance 2-way communication infrastructure provides users with the ability to display fully graphical images containing product, patient or usage information and to change this data both remotely and automatically effectively signaling the end of paper based signage.
About Zebra Technologies
- A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra Technologies Corporation offers technologies that give a virtual voice to an organization’s assets, people and transactions, enabling organizations to unlock greater business value.
- The company’s extensive portfolio of marking and printing technologies, including RFID and real-time location solutions, illuminates mission-critical information to help customers take smarter business actions.
- NASDAQ: ZBRA. Market value of approximately $2.4 billion